A mix of Riftblade, Champ and Warlord?

Guides and Discussion for the Warrior calling
Kaikordehth
Telaran

Re: A mix of Riftblade, Champ and Warlord?

Post by Kaikordehth »

Youre meant to do Vostigar at 69? wow

Not even sure if you can sidekick the instanced part that ends Xarth Mire. But tbh I think having the beastmaster pet was what was screwing that up for me. On top of the stupid dragon too busy fighting the sentinels.

Draconic Solutions in Gedlo was the other one causing problems, but maybe the new build can cope with that.

Even though you advised against it I want to tinker with Champion as a secondary but there's one thing thats confusing me. if you dont mind humouring me:

For AOE which would actually perform better:

legendary Punishing Blow (Increase the damage of AOE abilities equal to double the number of attack points used, by 35% for 30s)

or legendary Power Strike (....for 30s, causing your damaging abilities to deal an additional 36677 Etheral damage up to once every 3s...)

As the wording is very ambiguous on Punishing Blow. I mean Power Strike doing 36677 x(1-10) seems a lot but that depends on the maths Punishing Blow is using.

I cant find an explanation anywhere. I mean it's possibly somewhere in the wayback version of the Rift forum but I cant get anywhere with the search features.
Shas_
Ascended

Post by Shas_ »

Not meant i guess but the VP story is the only one important to finish so why not grab exp while on it.
(It has a rather tricky fight that is alot easyer as sidekick than as ungeared 70)

Aye those story instances should totally be mentor- able. Furthermore, each zone has one of that kind which, turns into a daily. Those daylies are a nice way for quick exp on the side.

Legendary Tactics usually is the lazy choice for st dps. It works like this:

You use a Legendary 'socketed' Strike that supports L Tactics (Swift Strike, Power Strike, Empowering Strike, Ravaging Strike etc). After using one of those once, you get a buff for 30 seconds to procc flat bonus damage on any attack hitting. If you have multiple Tactics- strikes unlocked, you can get 2 or 3 stacks which improve it's damage but not the tichrates. In raids, Leggy Tactics is ca. 2-4% damage so not too exciting. It is alot stronger in pvp due to ethereal damage having no resist values.
An aoe attack may only procc one Tactics and start the icd. So it's not even like a poison.

Punishing Blow will buff ANY aoe strike. It's rather clumsy to apply, requiring 3 points, a melee target and 1.5s gcd.
3 attack points: Next 6 aoe attacks are +35%.
This has Champion usually want st builder and aoe finisher. (reversed during Death Blossom)
And that's part of Champion's problem: it needs quite some rampup time by default, L.PB just made that rampup worse.
You can try to combine ~41+ Warlord with Champion.Wave of Steel 'only' hits 5 but multiscales the best. L.Everything is a Weapon would also buff Cornered Beast.
Simply alternate AQD(Killing Field) with either PT or WoS.
Kaikordehth
Telaran

Post by Kaikordehth »

How do you get General's Order to drag 5 enemies? It just does the target (same as Sergeants Order).
Shas_
Ascended

Post by Shas_ »

Kaikordehth wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:39 pm How do you get General's Order to drag 5 enemies? It just does the target (same as Sergeants Order).
It works like Sergeant's Order but additionaly places an aoe around your target which attempts to pull the closest 4 enemies within a 5' or 7' (?) range.
(Applies 4 st pulls onto them). It will be used on your target and it's 4 additional targets of choice no matter if they are immune to the pull or not.
(Same system, range etc as Riftblade's Fork+Spears)

Kaikordehth
Telaran

Post by Kaikordehth »

cheers. I tested it earlier after I posted and realised the mobs had to be next to each other. was kinda hoping it would 'suck in' to me in an aoe centred on me, but no worries it still makes it useful.

Question for the Warlords AOE rotation:

If I hit Icy Burst after hitting the finisher will it cancel the 200% bonus on Wave of Steel. Or does it load Icy's bonus damage as well as the 200% bonus? Possibly there's a small window where it considers the finisher still in effect when WoS is used.
Shas_
Ascended

Post by Shas_ »

Kaikordehth wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:06 am cheers. I tested it earlier after I posted and realised the mobs had to be next to each other. was kinda hoping it would 'suck in' to me in an aoe centred on me, but no worries it still makes it useful.

Question for the Warlords AOE rotation:

If I hit Icy Burst after hitting the finisher will it cancel the 200% bonus on Wave of Steel. Or does it load Icy's bonus damage as well as the 200% bonus? Possibly there's a small window where it considers the finisher still in effect when WoS is used.
Those are two different effects.

Warlord's Focus: Only buffed by Breaking Blow, Killing Field, (legendary) A quick Death for one use.
Only consumed by Piercing Thrust, Wave of Steel.

Legendary Tools of War: Applied by all finisher for two uses. Consumed by all manual non-finisher.

You will notice Icy Burst getting 'spammed' in the macros since tickrate+ relyable uptime of ToW> Icy attack point finetuning.

Aoe 'rotation' pretty much is alternating AQD and WoS.
L. AQD counting as Finisher+being from Warlord it grants both of the above.
Icy to make use of the attack points and to keep Tools of War up. WL with the ogcd's can quickly run >2 non finisher between AQD.
King of the hill for +25% for all Wos for 15 sec (ca. 5 uses) and a guaranteed crit on the next WoS/PT.
Bonus if you manage icy manually for a WoS > (3point) Killing Field > WoS.
WoS gets buffed by so much that it may do more in one hit that KF over 6 sec (with a chance to miss hits but it has great range). Killing Field is only viable as replacement for a non procced AQD during raw 5 target aoe.

Icy 'spam' > clean 3 points.
1) Your max Eternal gives +42k to whatever hit
2) Each icy can be a Scald, taking anither 42k bonus
3) Each hit (including autoattacks proccing L Icy Burst) is a 40% chance for Ready Posture. Goal is to have a procced AQD every second gcd (idealy more).
4) Frequent Icy costs 15 power to get the Eternal up just that littlebit quicker.

-> One 3point Icy every 15 sec may be fine. Though consecutive DS during Battlefield Experience would then want an Icy ca. every Gcd anyway.
So fuck that. Not playing Warlord to have my eyes on Icy.

Part of the automation that makes my WL macros so bloated. Happy to see more manual ways run ahead if possible.

Tldr: Icy on 61WL is a throwaway, does not steal buffs and only benefits from frequent use.
Kaikordehth
Telaran

Post by Kaikordehth »

I maybe should have phrased my question different. I figured out AQD followed by WOS is about all you need. I just wasnt too sure what to weave in with it. And when.

(I think you have answered my question, I just need to read it a few dozen times to understand it. Its also possibly worth noting I did the Warlord/Pally build rather than the Warlord/Riftblade build so some of what you are saying might not apply)

I cant even see an ability called Warlords Focus in my tree. But based on the 3 abilities you mention with it I assume that's what those finishers proc. Is that a temporary buff? And if it is only consumed by PT/WoS does that mean I could 'weave' another ability between AQD and WOS? (If I understand you right I could actually use both Icy Burst (even just with 1 pt) and KotH after AQD and still get the benefit from AQD when I hit WoS)

I notice in your Warlord guide your WoS macro doesnt even involve Icy Burst or Killing Field. So I guess hitting either is a net loss compared to just doing AQD>WOS. (From your explanation a 1 pt version of Icy is enough to proc some stuff. Thats fine with me, trying to micromanage building it to 3 does seem like wasted effort)

You also mention an Eternal. Not sure what ability that is or what proc that is. (Did you mean the lvl 70 weapon? I'm still 69 so that isnt part of the setup yet.)

I might actually macro AOE with the ones you suggest in your Warlord guide. Trying to manually do the rotation with abilities othwer than AQD/WOS is blowing my mind. (Though I guess I need to modify it to include Aggressive Block and Retaliate with the Warlord/Pally build)

Single target with this build seems absolutely fine just doing it manual. I mean once PT gets going it just wrecks.

Ive realised what you meant with Champ. Other than some buffing on AOE the abilities just distract from letting warlord do its thing
Shas_
Ascended

Post by Shas_ »

Yes so Warlord's Focus is a ca. 5? second buff applied by any Warlord Finisher.
It's the '200% bonus' part of PT/WoS but they unlock that mechanic as shared buff.
The pov video has 4 big alerts in the screen. Focus is the bottom left with the angry face. It stays unused until Battlefield Experience runs out.
PT/WoS may be used 'within 5 seconds after a WL finisher' it does not have to be precisely the very next.
It's like AQD giving you a voucher for 1 overcharged PT/WoS which you can sit on for some seconds.

Yes the Eternal Weapon- it will mix up alot for pve Warrior. Warlord is the build that is the least of a slave to it's mechanics.
Most importantly it can make selfheals for solo play very easy. A random 1k heal getting a flat 42k bonus etc.
But that bonus needs you to 'starve power' hence all the non damaging ogcd's in the macros to add power cost/ sec.

Arterial Strike > Retaliation > Backhand
defenitely want to be used all the time if possible.
The off global cooldown Icy then helps keeping L Everything is a Weapon (+100% for 2 non finisher)up for them at all times, making the whole mechanic more or less passive.

Do you have Legendary Ready Posture yet?
It's the most impactful legendary.
(bc you hinted PT to be your best hit)
http://forums.thegharstation.com/viewto ... c756dae298
Specific lvl 66-69 WL info in the orange portion.
There are also mechanics for mobility, healing etc.

Consider some pvp. Lvl 69 will have you on a power trip due to free Sidekick stats.

And jeah on Champion.
PT/WoS specifically demand Warlord Finisher. So the finisher heavy Champ may only water things down which is unfortunate.

Aggressive Block should not be worth the gcd to be honest. Not even a full tank really uses it.
Kaikordehth
Telaran

Post by Kaikordehth »

(I assume ca. means 'circa' rather than being a Rift specific term)

In the WoS tooltip it just says 'if used after a Warlord finisher' if it said 'x seconds after' I wouldnnt have needed to ask. (Their tooltips are bloody awful!)

I guess I need to get Kalerts so I can see more clearly what buffs are popping.

Yeh Eternal not part of the plan at the moment. So no point thinking about thet yet.(Tho obvs I need to switch to 2x1hander before then and get used to it)

I have involved Arterial Strike > Retaliation > Backhand in my single target bar (as well as Icy). Couldnt quite figure how to weave it all in with AOE though. (Hence the need to macro my AOE)

I do have L Ready Posture

I spotted the bit about Aggressive Block you mentioned earlier. Guess the points spent buffing that were a waste. Hitting that then Ret while also weaving AQD>WoS seemed horribly clunky so glad I can take that out.
Shas_
Ascended

Post by Shas_ »

Kaikordehth wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:24 pm (I assume ca. means 'circa' rather than being a Rift specific term)

In the WoS tooltip it just says 'if used after a Warlord finisher' if it said 'x seconds after' I wouldnnt have needed to ask. (Their tooltips are bloody awful!)

I guess I need to get Kalerts so I can see more clearly what buffs are popping.

Yeh Eternal not part of the plan at the moment. So no point thinking about thet yet.(Tho obvs I need to switch to 2x1hander before then and get used to it)

I have involved Arterial Strike > Retaliation > Backhand in my single target bar (as well as Icy). Couldnt quite figure how to weave it all in with AOE though. (Hence the need to macro my AOE)

I do have L Ready Posture

I spotted the bit about Aggressive Block you mentioned earlier. Guess the points spent buffing that were a waste. Hitting that then Ret while also weaving AQD>WoS seemed horribly clunky so glad I can take that out.
Aye Circa.

Warlord's Focus is pretty much wow Arms Taste for Blood, enabling Overpower after defenses or Rent ticks.
Alot of tooltips come from a different time yes. Rift is not quite as intuitive as possible- especially with artifacts like the classification 'attacks that follow a block' eventhough Warrior doesn't have that anymore.

They are ogcd so just use whenever. They do eat Everything is a Weapon- though alternating AQD-WoS ensures WoS+1 ogcd to get it anyway.

Yeah on Aggressive- ontop of that it also doesn't work right. Something on the Improved AB not affecting L. Ret portions or something.

Rather popp a King of the Hill. It guarantees the next PT/WoS to crit.

Maybe get into Koth, Decisive Strike, Battlefield Experience next.
Being able to 100% crit DS back2back only has greater value on terrible gear.
BE is very straight forward but super versitile on how much it affects.
(One Charge has no cd and charges reset Battlefield Medic. Happy healing)