A mix of Riftblade, Champ and Warlord?

Guides and Discussion for the Warrior calling
Kaikordehth
Telaran

Re: A mix of Riftblade, Champ and Warlord?

Post by Kaikordehth »

Is the Kalert code you linked in your Slowlord 1.5 guide on the old forum one that will work with my 61 Warlord/13 paladin/2 Riftbalde build? Or would I need one adjusted for my specific build?

Which is this btw (done from memory so masteries migh be wrong)
https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#9pa ... Gg/2d|_IPM

Will these two Macros do the job for my AOE rotation, or do I need to adjust them slightly? Theyre the ones you recommended in that old thread but neither has KotH, Decisive Strike or Battlefield Experience. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong guide. You also recommend one there that does a 1 point hit of Breaking Blow for a 10% armor debuff. But that debuff only exists if you have L BB doesnt it?

Spoiler:
#show A Quick Death
suppressmacrofailures
cast a Quick Death
cast Icy Burst
cast Arterial Strike
cast Retaliation
cast Backhand
cast @self Power Manipulation
cast Battlefield Medic

#show Wave of Steel
suppressmacrofailures
cast King of the Hill
cast Wave of Steel
cast Arterial Strike
cast Retaliation
cast Backhand
cast Fiery Burst
cast Icy Burst
cast Battlefield Medic
Shas_
Ascended

Post by Shas_ »

Kaikordehth wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:33 pm Is the Kalert code you linked in your Slowlord 1.5 guide on the old forum one that will work with my 61 Warlord/13 paladin/2 Riftbalde build? Or would I need one adjusted for my specific build?

Which is this btw (done from memory so masteries migh be wrong)
https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#9pa ... Gg/2d|_IPM

Will these two Macros do the job for my AOE rotation, or do I need to adjust them slightly? Theyre the ones you recommended in that old thread but neither has KotH, Decisive Strike or Battlefield Experience. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong guide. You also recommend one there that does a 1 point hit of Breaking Blow for a 10% armor debuff. But that debuff only exists if you have L BB doesnt it?

Spoiler:
#show A Quick Death
suppressmacrofailures
cast a Quick Death
cast Icy Burst
cast Arterial Strike
cast Retaliation
cast Backhand
cast Battlefield Medic

#show Wave of Steel
suppressmacrofailures
cast King of the Hill
cast Wave of Steel
cast Arterial Strike
cast Retaliation
cast Backhand
cast Fiery Burst
cast Icy Burst
cast Battlefield Medic

Yes the same code. It's simplyfied to the only 4 important buffs and scaled up to just have them somewhere on the side while in the middle of things.

Maybe try this. Attackpower is quite important. If Light's Balm isn't doing alot, may head for the default 11 RB.
https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#98i ... Gg/2q|XsPM

Macros:
Not quite sure which source you are refering to.
The ideal ones are here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20211225181 ... 020-a.html

Your only difference would be no Fiery Burst, no Power Manipulation.
You can put a // infront of any line that doesn't apply to you.
// also lets you make notes

cast Desisive Strike //orange icon
etc has it use DS normally.
//cast Fiety Burst
Disables the line.

Koth with the 15s buff and 15s cd could be slapped into other macros but Battlefield Experience removes it's cooldown which leaves it better off being used manualy by default.

Again the WL macros are there to be pressed for the ability in the icon and manage the load of things off global cooldown.
90% of the followup text in them is the same to streamline things. Would be longer if it wasn't for the 25 line cap.

The WoS one excludes Icy Burst since that's applied with #Koth and opens the option for a 3point Killing Field.

Breaking Blow's 10% bonus is one of the first 5/5 unlocks in the soultree.
The Armor pen mechanic of L BB is a different thing.
Breaking would not be used at all if it wasn't for that 30sec debuff(only viable if you hit it for at least 15 sec).

May do a fresh post here that combines more sources and improves some explanations.
I do take alot of thing for granted by 'just reading the tooltips' but like on the Breaking Blow example some things can be explained better.

Share a simple pov screenshot if you like. It helps tremendously to picture on what's my idea of things and how things are being used. ..And what level of explanation is appropriate.
Kaikordehth
Telaran

Post by Kaikordehth »

The macros Im looking at are the ones undre the bit that says

Confused as heck?
Ezpz for beginners

I still havent as yet got the macros sorted though, still trying to understand the 'flow' before I consign it to 2 button.

I think Ive figured a rotation of sorts based off eveything youve said. Ive managed to get past most of the things that were roadblocking me now. It does seem a little lacking still on AOE. My priory target is dying fast but mobs 2-5 are 2/3 at best. And I seem to be taking a lot of damage.

I realise going seat of the pants can only do so much and things like the heals probably happen more often if part of a macro. Would be nice to have something in the mix that's shielding me better. Apart from Resonating Strikes I cant really see anything else I can incorporate.

Here's screenies of the two bar setups which L to R is the usual priority list. I'll start with BB if I have any points & then KotH. After that I generaly go (sorta) 1-3>1-3>1-4>1-5 and then throw in stuff right of KOTH as and when.

Decisive Strike is hard to weave in with AOE, as it eats the KotH I want for WoS. On single target the mobs tend to die too fast to bother, especialy once PT & AQD get going. Though on elites and mobs that dont go down so easy it gets used a bit more.

When Im doing AOE if BB debuff is up & KOTH is on CD then if I end up with 2 or 3 points seem logical to throw in a Killing Field, otherwise what do I spend it on? Icy?

Anything that's important that isnt there is a clicker on the lines above (like the two heals).The stuff that's right of my racial are just convenience/'oh ****' buttons

AOE.jpg
ST.jpg

I have a question regarding Shield of the Hero which I notice isnt part of your Slowlord build. Isnt that a good ability to have? Or does that line 'Decreases non paladin and non void knight damage by 25%' mean it applys to damage Im doing rather than damage done to me. (I thought it might be a PVP thing)
Shas_
Ascended

Post by Shas_ »

Kaikordehth wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:28 am The macros Im looking at are the ones undre the bit that says

Confused as heck?
Ezpz for beginners

I still havent as yet got the macros sorted though, still trying to understand the 'flow' before I consign it to 2 button.

I think Ive figured a rotation of sorts based off eveything youve said. Ive managed to get past most of the things that were roadblocking me now. It does seem a little lacking still on AOE. My priory target is dying fast but mobs 2-5 are 2/3 at best. And I seem to be taking a lot of damage.

I realise going seat of the pants can only do so much and things like the heals probably happen more often if part of a macro. Would be nice to have something in the mix that's shielding me better. Apart from Resonating Strikes I cant really see anything else I can incorporate.

Here's screenies of the two bar setups which L to R is the usual priority list. I'll start with BB if I have any points & then KotH. After that I generaly go (sorta) 1-3>1-3>1-4>1-5 and then throw in stuff right of KOTH as and when.

Decisive Strike is hard to weave in with AOE, as it eats the KotH I want for WoS. On single target the mobs tend to die too fast to bother, especialy once PT & AQD get going. Though on elites and mobs that dont go down so easy it gets used a bit more.

When Im doing AOE if BB debuff is up & KOTH is on CD then if I end up with 2 or 3 points seem logical to throw in a Killing Field, otherwise what do I spend it on? Icy?

Anything that's important that isnt there is a clicker on the lines above (like the two heals).The stuff that's right of my racial are just convenience/'oh ****' buttons

AOE.jpgST.jpg

I have a question regarding Shield of the Hero which I notice isnt part of your Slowlord build. Isnt that a good ability to have? Or does that line 'Decreases non paladin and non void knight damage by 25%' mean it applys to damage Im doing rather than damage done to me. (I thought it might be a PVP thing)
Ah allright yes.

The post got updated with better explanations but waybackmachine already archived that older version. May aswell make a new post with your feedbacks.

1. The flow is- you do a rotation as filler - and interrupt it for a procced Ready Posture- AQD.
Ignoring procced AQD, every hit has a gcd value which is expected average damage (which auto includes critrates) + buffs.
Without L.Ready Posture, you would:
(breaking) Koth - DS x8 - PT - Koth - DSx4 - [AQD - PT]repeat > Koth > DS > [AQD - PT]repeat.
(The last attack before koth runs out can be a PT to consume the koth crit bonus for a stronger crit at the last second.)

This then has all the ogcd's woven inbetween and gets interrupted for the top priority Ready Poature procc.(Having you not use 12 DS overall)

The trick is to play into those proccs in a way that mega-AQD just become a relyable- rather than a disruptive part.
Without proccs you want AQD anyway- though unbuffed AQD is your weakest gcd.
It's your strongest- and weakest gcd while also of being on the edge for proccsa, we are playing Blackjack and use the mandatory AQD in means that we increase our odds in getting a strong AQD and no unbuffed ones. (Used every second 1.5s gcd gives great odds)
(There are more complicated means to do that, the guide goes for practicality+fun)

2. It's not normal to 1v5 mobs as leveling character and leave on 100% hp. The Warchanter dlc is the source of all op selfheal. A procced 1.5s AQD should be able to literaly oneshot a 1.5-2m mob. So aoe spamming just to oneshot one every 3 sec anyway may has you better off st-chaining them. Unless WoS profits from your gear (critting >1mil x5 for me)
Benchmarks: Bad geared 70 st dps: 1mil. Good 1.3m. Ideal 1.5m+.
Average aoe (Hybrid) 2-2.5m, good 3-4m. Broken 5-12m.

A 70 sidekicked lvl 69 WL in Vp should be able to hit procced AQD over 1mil. Which is way above it's pay grade.
Power Variation as attack also hits 8 targets over 3sec for alot.

Power vs perception:
Other Classe's solo melees have an aoe stun or dodge cd. Warlord has better heals (no permission to die) and the oneshots. I think you would need to try another ' build popular uppon new people' to fully apprechiate this.
Most builds at your spot either frontload with all cd's and have nothing left or slowly nibble away, spending up to 30s or more a mob.

Low gear selfheals:
Vampiric Essence on 1mil+ swings, Bf Medic in combi with BE chain Charges and Power Variation is ALOT.
Though jeah the Warchanter holds all the selfheal godmode.
Thanks alot for the feedback there!
Note- the leveling WL has a sidetrack of using Reaver(or Tempest) ranged autoattacks+Icy Burst to engage every new enemy with an RP-AQD oneshot.

//Oh and Vostigar Peaks has elites mixed in, they are supposed to be alot harder. (Spiked portrait)

Decisive Strike:
Koth buffs ALL DS/PT/WoS for 15sec and gives the next one a guaranteed crit.
The twist: DS does NOT consume the crit bonus.
DS fully benefits from Koth but does not consume any buff.
Koth -> DS > Battlefield Experience> Ds > DS (interrupted by proccs) should do better than WoS tbh.
It has DS 100% critical and is your hardest hit after RP-AQD. (Lower dmg that PT but 100% DS vs 60% crit PT has DS ~ 20% ahead on average hit.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8uIK0STFfwY=96
^ The little DS crits back2back, only interrupted for procced AQD at 1:36 here. He has ability icons with the damage numbers.

3. Combos. Yes that's what Icy is for. It may end up as 10% of your damage and is just thrown in inbetween.
WL would sit on 3 AP alot of times. Icy is just an elegant way to turn them into 'free' dmg while having the broken sideeffect of supporting Ready Posture, our #1 priority.

-> Wave of Steel is best used against 'targets that aren't worth spending singletarget on'. If you are facing mobs that last more than 3 hits, just go full st send. Decide to swich a PT for WoS on the situation.
Idealy you don't 'brawl' with something- you just kill it.

WL aoe is either too much or too little.
I primarily use it to delete 10-20% hp mobs nearby without swiching target. (like an aoe execute). Great fun to pull off in pvp, big disrespect.
Killing Field for solo is weird since it was super powerful but now doesn't really get boni from legendaries.
Also, things should not even last for 6 sec. It's okay to cleave tons of low hp targets without bothering- but Retaliation does that aswell.
WL better places precise executes than spreading 'some dmg' around.
WL aoe with consecutive WoS is more a thing for tank+dps groups.

Idealy you toggle on nameplates and then just match the expected damage of your next gcd with the hp of mobs around. Not waste a procced AQD on half dead mobs etc.

You can compare a solo-world Warlord to pvp really. Hyperaggressive wrecking ball. WoS is rather rare.
Every charge resets Battlefield Medic and other utility.
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/939138306

4. Shield of the Hero. Yes it's a 'Guard buff'. All classe's Tanks have a buff that 'enables guard' and gives defensive boni in return for less dmg/ healing.
The Warrior ones are unique since they give no healing penalty- but also not the '+200% armor, +300% threat' etc of other classes. -25% dmg for some ~8% guard and 9% armor is the worst deal.
It does have an unintended interaction with the Eternal weapon aswell as lvl 65 weapons for overpowered pve/pvp self healing but the dmg cut is too much to run as default buff.

//Because i just saw that it's not on the WL2020 version that got archived:

You want to use the #AQD macro for Aqd when it didn't procc (press it early to get ogcd's fired before it. Slap in Icy Burst in the macro.

and:

#show A Quick Death
suppressmacrofailures
cast A Quick Death
cast @focus A Quick Death
cast @lasttarget A Quick Death
cast Break Free
cast Fading Light

for when Ready Posture IS procced.
That way you don't waste ogcd's for an already ready AQD and increase RP lineups.
This can get RP buffed AQD up to 100% vs unbuffed.
(4mil vs 800k)

1.42m dps selfbuffed possible.

Disclaimer: I resolved all open business in this game and have no more worries that "Noysey shitters" ruin the fun for new people after finally meeting them.
Any further questions in this forum towards me specifically may stay unread for a while.

@Kaikor just get to 70. Alot of things only start to unfold then.