AoE Warrior build?

Guides and Discussion for the Warrior calling
AyeBeara

AoE Warrior build?

Post by AyeBeara »

Hey all,

I'm currently running Shas's WL solo leveling build (which is amazing, and I appreciate all the work that has gone into it.) I'm only at 63, so a long way from 70 and was hoping to change spec over to a more AoE focused build for a level or two (or more.)

I love how fast the current build melts mobs, esp with KoTH > DS w/ BE even though I doubt I'm playing optimally. That being said, I want to try out a more AoE focused build instead of just chaining the ST monster that is the current build.

I saw the previous thread about mixing in RB, Champ, and WL but it got a lot confusing to me. Any help, input, or just general thoughts would be much appreciated!

current build (Shas' levelling guide): viewtopic.php?t=71
Shas_
Ascended

Re: AoE Warrior build?

Post by Shas_ »

Hey ther, thanks for the kind words.

Champion is a dedicated aoe soul for Warrior. Bein 63 means ut's even still good!

Champion is brutal on 60, decent on 65 and a wet noodle on 70. So 64-65 may be the last chance to fully enjoy it.

Simply go 61 Champion.
It's very finisher focused and wants one primary target to mix in st attacks like Disruptive Strike's 2 combo points or Death Blossom's st demand.

Nothing to do wrong with the offsouls.
Put in 8 Paragon Ttb if 1.5s feels too slow.

Example rotation (what i used during 60' for raid trash and w/e, timings are based on realistic pulls, not dummies):

3 combo points (cornered beast)

Death Blossom
Bull Rush
Mark of whatever
Punishing Blow
Disruptive Strike
Thunderous Strike
Cornered Beast
Titan Strike
Disruptive Strike
Proper Timing - Chains of Death
Savage Sweep
Mighty Blow
Bladefury
Disruptive Strike
Bladefury
Cornered Beast

Name of the game is to minimize Mighty Blows and may end with 1/15 sec together with Savage Sweep.

(Tts vs cod: 15- 30-15 is a better timing for <1 min trashpacks)

- Debuff with Thunderous before aoe cd's
- Followup Death Blossom with DB > Cornered > Punishing > Disruptive > Punishing
- On less than 4-5 targets, skip Chains of Death iirc

alot going on.

Was only used as pve meatgrinder.
Quite the toolkit and powerhouse for low level pvp but
For solo, Chains of Life is the backbone, scaling more healing from additional mobs.
Champ is all about finisher though so CoL costs a chunk of damage.

12 Warlord 3 Void Knight should do for your purpose.

The extreme clumsyness, windup time and dependency on both a healthy primary target and properly controlled mobs "just for some aoe" makes it a design relic.
It was THE most fun for dual target though.
Once you fatfinger, all timings are off.
Last edited by Shas_ on Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
AyeBeara

Re: AoE Warrior build?

Post by AyeBeara »

Thanks! I'll definitely try it out for a bit, and I have your WL build when I need to kill stuff dead