Question on Cleric Healing Bug

For anything and everything RIFT related.
sasukekorlo

Question on Cleric Healing Bug

Post by sasukekorlo »

Hello everyone. I had a question on a Cleric healing bug that I am trying to emulate, but cannot. It involves the legendary warden 41 ability and having the sentinel Marked by the Light buff on. I have a friend that can emulate it, proccing MBTL over and over, by spamming the 41 ability, but for some reason my character does not do the same effect. Our buffs and build were the same. We eliminated gear as a factor, offsouls as a factor, and several other things. Two differences we knew were our factions are different, and they have max loyalty while I have red tier. While these two things would seem like they wouldn't make a difference, we were stretching to figure out why my toon could not emulate the same effects, which they could quite easily by manually clicking the 41 warden ability while it was on cooldown. Does anyone have any info on why this is or what is missing? Thanks.
Shas_
Ascended

Re: Question on Cleric Healing Bug

Post by Shas_ »

He can click faster than you?
More ping may also affect the ease to get it.

It started when Na plebs tried to autoclicker / macrofire everything.

You basically beat the game's internal refreshrate- like breaking a glass with sound.

There has been a eu Warrior (Penetratorx) who managed to overclock literal autoattack swing rates by precise adjustments of an autoclicker tickrate which basically reset the swing timer and fired it immediately (Lvl 60 onebutton on ~20k dps and 60%+ autoattacks lol).
Yes that refresh exploit would be bis for every 70 Warrior soul even today.
Not to mention the infinite everything exploit with quests.
sasukekorlo

Post by sasukekorlo »

Hey Shas,

Thanks for the answers. A few things though. I had him test on the same click speed site, and I was actually clicking, manually, a little more fast then they were. He stated he was doing everything manually. I also have an AC built into my keyboard which I don't use, but did just to test if it was the autoclicker speed causing it (which, again, my friend wasn't using one, but also had access to one and told me it was working at level 110 ms with the autoclicker). I set my AC to various speeds, and nada. Nothing works. The premise is so basic that there isn't much to be missing. We've also found that other abilities, when spam clicked, also cause oddities unintended like max stacks of Faith's Reward mastery (free 2.5 cast). I can do this, but not the lvl 41 ability, for some reason. I am assuming there is something else missing from the puzzle, and it could be anything. We even looked at the differences in that he's Defiant and I'm guardian, and he has max loyalty while I'm at red.

I am 100% surprised I havent seen players exploiting the autoattack speed. Lol. I'm sure with certain souls, especially ones proccing things off of autoattacks, that would be as crazy as rogue serpent strike spamming OGCD proccing 3 poisons everytime.
Shas_
Ascended

Post by Shas_ »

Hmm. I have never done the mbtl myself tbh.

As far as i can re puzzle where it came from: There was a battlepass quest to perform x thousand heals.
Warden's L. Healing Flood progressed it with 3/ use.
This lead to several people introducing autoclicker to whatever custom Warden hybrids.

As with almost all exploits, it starts with an accidential find. Usually by combining 2 stupid things nobody else even considers (warden-senti frankenstein) by chance.
As a result, the actual, successful reconstructions are almost allways painfully primitive.
As far as i know, mbtl exploiting was good enough as DRR Justicar and for pvp but ofcourse gameplay is nonexistent. More of a "tech demo".

Maybe i'll try it you made me curious.

Hyperattacks: I think nobody knows about his autoattack overclocking but him and Penetratorxx@Bw. I figured it wasn't healthy to open that pandora's box, still in SL back then and also never cared about autoclicker based tricks.
But these days ..

One day he just mentioned the hyperattack discovery but i guess even he struggled to relyably reconstruct it (while soloing 50 hk bosses as lvl 60)
There is a chance that it happened before weapon speed normalization mid 50 and isn't possible anymore. It's been some 9 years by now ^^
And yes, whitehits get eternal infused and with Warr even double.
One of the many forgotten mysteries and in the ballpark of your guy's science experiments.

While dropping the Ss spam; I would like to mention that any form of 'free win exploits' with no community wide gameplay value like these have absolutely no place in pvp and/or (even custom) competitive play. It's just cheating and a massive disregard for everyone time.
sasukekorlo

Post by sasukekorlo »

Just an fyi, it's not just warden abilities. You can also reproduce the mbtl spam heal from the sentinel 41 legendary. They all must work the same which is weird to proc a buff from spamming a legendary when its on cooldown, and doesn't even have to be the same legendary. Same thing with Faith's Reward-the 8 point talent in warden, when spammed in between your global coming back around, racks up 5 points of Faith's Reward. Basically, you can do a aoe heal, spam it, and have a crucial go off every other global, or whatever 2.5 or less cast you need. Nothing major, and actually not as great as some other builds, but still interesting. I haven't fooled with other abilities though to see if they have unforeseen reactions.
Shas_
Ascended

Post by Shas_ »

Counting the days until someone runs 61Inq 8Warden and fire BoR as default on the move.

Rune of Smiting benefits the most from a flat ct reduction.
Runestrike is a 1.5s cast and x4 make Smiting instant.
That's 6sec for a 3.5 instant. May aswell faith's reward and 1sec Smiting b2b inbetween Impending Dooms.

Would go something like this (With Healing Flood giving Faith's Reward ogcd):

FS - ID - Seal of Voul -(Floodx2) 1sec Smiting - SoP - (Floodx2) 1sec Smiting - IF - (Floodx2) 1sec Smiting - Castigation -(Floodx2) 1sec Smiting - Travail -(Floodx2) 1sec Smiting
And flat 1sec drycast Smiting inbetween Doom.

May even perform on 1.3m or as true pvp turret.
At the very least it can make Sentinel fully instant& mobile.

MAy i ask how you did stumble upon this? Was there someone mentioning/ showing it ?
sasukekorlo

Post by sasukekorlo »

You don't need to go 8 into warden. I fooled around more and the 0 water spam attack also racks up free Faith Reward stacks. Its also an attack, but not much damage, and if legendary you constantly snare the target. I already made the spec you mentioned, similarly, but instead of rune I went druid for fervent strike and macroed depravity (3.0) cast first, then BOR which is a light attack and eventually with talents you reduce depravities cast to 2.5 seconds and it goes off.

End results are you can constantly move, and it is slightly annoying to players, but other souls that can just bursts you down still do so. It has the same dps as my inq/oracle/defiler spec, but my defiler spec I can line of sight people a lot and just let the dots do major damage, so you lose out on the ability to stall players while they die. My defiler inq build does top dps sometimes if certain broken (i.e. cheating) players are not on, and can almost match top warlock damage from them spamming atrophy on everyone. Compared to other inqs I usually do more damge if healed similarly (dps of course varies if you aren't getting healed and someone else is constantly over you-uptime and what not). So it is by no means bad, just not something grand or "better" per say then builds you can already make.

I've tried to figure out a way to make runeshaper work with these, but the runestrike is just so lackluster in damage. It needed a major damage boost as a builder. I made a hybrid rs build because you do not need to go past 41 in rs for all the damage buffs it can get and its abiilites higher then 41 are not damage boosts really. The 61 ability is kind of pitiful. At any rate with everything macroed correctly to go off from the free runestrike procs, your "normal" gcd is 1.5 seconds, making runestrike even more sucky as a builder, and your waterjet spams are low, low damage. Then you finally proc into a .5 sec gcd reduction and your now doing "ok" damage. The only spikes are when you proc the two large 6 seconds and 3.5 second casts free. The soul needed a .5 gcd reduction at 32 points or 37 points to make it even viable, and it just needed more basic fire damage increase talents, like 20-30% more. Just as an example with my pvp gear I get a consistent 200 dps, but my inq builds get well over 300 and spike upwards into 500. It's that far apart in damage. They just left the soul gimp and useless except for splash points as an offsoul and the teleport.
Shas_
Ascended

Post by Shas_ »

Interesting tests, a couple points:

L.BoR> BoD+it's dot if both take 1sec gcd

Do i get that right that L Waterjet can be ravaged ogcd to also stack Faith's Reward ogcd?
The idea on the RS - Warden combo was that it sounded like L.Healing Flood could be autoclicked and instantly maxes out F Reward ogcd?
Hence no more need for Runestrike, the biggest crutch on RS.

It now sounded like you used Waterjet as default gcd instant, something BoJ already does?

Able to fire instant L.BoR on the move 24/7 would be pretty busted.
(BoD is one of the worst gcd attacks as 70 inq)

Top 70 souls see ca a +120% increase by legendaries..Runeshaper leggies are just flat too weak. Same as Ranger etc.
Pve Inq @ 1.6m is a Runeshaper @ 1.1m with the same gear.
The approach there is 8Justicar 7Druid (Base wisdom is king as 1wis=0.5 crit and 1 crit= 0.65 sp for Smiting)
Going 3x Smiting during Doom with L.Provoke and 1x hardcast Smiting during downtime. Quite stationary but skipping any Runestrike possible.

I would keep 61 as Impending Doom is up half of the time and 'any' damage while it's up gives 1/3 100% Smiting buffs. Which means 1x Smiting 1x Inscribe Fate already stack 300% for a followup Smiting with only Smiting's casttime holding back a flat zick zack.
If indeed Warden stuff, used ogcd can take care of it's casttime via 5x Faith's Reward = 3.5sec-2.5s down to 1sec hardcast@ 1sec gcd.
And yes, Rs is quite odd but interesting enough to deserve a buff (rip hopes)

I'm not quite sure now if i understood you right- do Warden leggies stack Faith's reward off global cooldown? That was the whole point of my pasta
Zehne
Telaran

Post by Zehne »

Shas_ wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:42 am I'm not quite sure now if i understood you right- do Warden leggies stack Faith's reward off global cooldown? That was the whole point of my pasta
I'd assume so, using the same game auto-click game overloading.

On another topic, less exploity is Fae-Dispersion the ogcd/0 mana pet aoe/st buff also procs faiths reward.
So you can spam it to 5 stack faiths reward w/o technically exploiting. But any spec that used it would be gimped so exploit or not it doesn't really matter.

EDIT:
Before the changes to L BoJ and L Insignia of blood you could use fae-dispersion spam to launch infinate range missle procs that ignored LoS.
sasukekorlo

Post by sasukekorlo »

Yes Shas, the 0 water jet attack in warden will stack Faith's reward stacks if you spam click it while its on cooldown. It doesn't even need to be legendary; the normal one does it too. You do not need an autoclicker. You can emulate this just by clicking fast while its on Cooldown, so if you macro BOJ, then water jet, and keep moving, you will proc the BOJ @1.5 cd when talented every other attack. You do need the water jet to attack to grab stacks of Faith's Reward. You could do the same with Runestrike. Macro Runestrike, then waterjet and just move and spam it. More then likely you have the other big RS attacks macroed first so just keep moving and you proc everything in order one runestrike procs free big attacks. Still, the normal 1.5 gcd on Runecaster is too slow of a buildup and 61 inq has so much over it with naturally have .5 gcd reduction 58 points in. There are not enough gcd reduction talents low in most souls to make any hybrid build with runecaster worth it. Oracle only affects death and water abilities at 37 points in. Shaman you need a full build too pretty much for the gcd reduction. For Runecaster its a proc, so not reliable.

This is nothing compared to the exploited MA, however. Players using forfeit to reload quivers almost instantly (or free if you went harb for the armor buff) and repeatedly spamming elemental barrage unloading all quivers. I took around 200k damage in one unload in PVP (having around 270k health total), and they reload 1.5 seconds later, plus can fly around the board you can't catch them, and they can move like this with objectives since they weren't coded correctly for PVP. I don't think any of the aforementioned exploits even comes close to this level of game ruination.

Also, just an FYI if you want to test the Marked by the Light spam proc, you have to enable full cast time in settings. I found out what I was missing there. It's nothing amazing though, but slightly tweaks the hps up a little if you use it when around several other players.