[Addon] Roles edit - custom role icons

For anything and everything RIFT related.
Alleja

[Addon] Roles edit - custom role icons

Post by Alleja »

Credit to Zormus for the original Roles addon, and to Karuul for the KAlert addon. Both of these are amazing and work like a charm to this day.

I have modified the original 1.9 version of the Roles addon to include the ability to choose a custom role icon out of a wide variety of different ability icons available in rift. KAlert provides the icons - any ability kAlert scan has picked up over time is available to use as a custom role icon. Generic raid marks are also available as icons to choose from.

For a guide on how to use either kAlert scanning or the Roles addon, check out the curseforge pages and in-game help provided by these addons.

Changes:
* Role icon in the dropdown selector is slightly larger
* Added custom icon selection under role selection in the configuration screen - a dropdown menu containing up to 60 icons to choose from. The icons are ordered alphabetically by ability name, and can be filtered using the nearby search field. Personally, my kAlert has over 1900 abilities saved - there is plenty to choose from, and filtering is very needed.
* Role icon now shows a custom icon if such is specified in the config. Otherwise, the default Roles behavior will be used - icon will be auto generated based on your role type as seen by Rift.

Screenshots:
Config menu changes:

Filtering in action:

Custom icons in all their glory (my cleric and primalist, respectively):

If you find any issues / crashes / improvements, send me a message here / in-game / discord and i will look into it. This was done over a couple days with only myself testing it out - there could be weird UI bugs, icons not showing up, things not being clickable.

Known issues:
* Opening the icon select and scrolling down, then filtering the icons so only a few are showing shrinks the select and leaves empty lines at the end of the list - just scroll up using the tiny arrows and you will see the abilities available. Will look into this later.
Attachments
Roles_1_10.zip
Roles 1.10 Addon files
(47.63 KiB) Downloaded 759 times
Alleja Alea Illvana Illnava Imalla Ketllina Mjolln <Servants of None>@typhiria
Shas_
Ascended

Re: [Addon] Roles edit - custom role icons

Post by Shas_ »

This looks great!