FragZ --Fragment Utility Addon

For anything and everything RIFT related.
Zehne
Telaran

FragZ --Fragment Utility Addon

Post by Zehne »

FragZ is a simple fragment scoring addon

FragZ scores each fragment and compares it to the absolute Best in Slot (BiS) possible. Just mouseover a fragment, and the addon will instantly tell you:
  • How bad it will be with the worst RNG (dps/tank, all classes)
  • How Good it will be with the best RNG (dps/tank, all classes)
How to use:
  • Just install and the addon will add a score to the tooltip when you mouseover a fragment
  • Use /fragz to open the statweights / fragment alert panel
  • Use /fragzrecycle to open the fragment recycle panel
It can be found at https://www.curseforge.com/rift/addons/fragz
Zehne
Telaran

Example dps Frag

Post by Zehne »

*Found minor bug at time of creation, ver 1.0.8 fixes the bug
  • Offstat is not considered a potential option, so the max potential score is slightly lower until level 12
Lvl 0->3->6->9->12->15 Fragment and score prediction
  • (at lvl 12 there is no more RNG, so the prediction scores are set in stone)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Zehne on Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zehne
Telaran

Example tank frag

Post by Zehne »

Lvl 0->3->6->9->12->15 Fragment and score prediction
  • (at lvl 12 there is no more RNG, so the prediction scores are set in stone)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Zehne on Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zehne
Telaran

Main Window

Post by Zehne »

• Show alert anchor position
  • Open Recycle Window
  • Restore Default stat weights
  • Change stat weights for all classes
  • Set alert levels
Last edited by Zehne on Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zehne
Telaran

Recycle Window

Post by Zehne »

• Open Main Window
  • Restore Default Recycle thresholds
  • Change Recycle Thresholds
  • Recycle Fragments
    • Recycling is based on the maximum score of a fragment
    • Fragments will only be recycled if it is lower than every threshold
  • Send fragments in player bags to fragment Inventory
    • Useful if you had overflow fragments
  • Select which Inventory locations to look in when recycling
Last edited by Zehne on Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zehne
Telaran

Changelog

Post by Zehne »

• Fixed incorrect death fragment primary value for endurance
    • Caused error in death tank fragment score calculation
  • Fixed Bug where predicted score did not consider offstats on some occasions
  • Changed location of tooltip if statweights is also installed
  • Initial Release
Shas_
Ascended

Re: FragZ --Fragment Utility Addon

Post by Shas_ »

Lovely addon! Can't think of how long it must have taken to make.

-> What's the background of some of the calculations. Like CP, Crit or Tank stats?

An example of my changes to be more in line to how i value stats (musn't be more right than someone elses)
I like to undervalue CP since it really is but like wow hit rating. Once it's reached, it's a dead stat and lowly geared characters should go for Crit until cap instead.

1) -> CP isn't worth more on different classes- sure the classes have different access to Death Fragments, but then a cleric Life Fragment either has 200-250 cp or it doesn't. I think a 2x+ on CP for rogues just bloats up fragment % while being above cap anyway and you will never ever max out anything than CP from DRR essences (or is there an auto adaptation once you hit 8542 ?

2) -> Wisdom on Cleric tank is huge, giving free block and even more on Mage who gains Guard off intellect (And SP for FK absorbs).
I would suggest adding offstats to Tank frags since.
1) Cleric gets dodge from int
2) Mage gets dodge from wisdom
3) Everyone gets dodge from Dex
Dodge is your absorb cap and with Chanter spam arguably more valuable than guard.

3) You had Endurance on 0.01 but 1 End = 10 Max health so i swiched it to 0.1 (ignoring all the calculation position of max max health only buffs because that's just depressing to minmax for one boss)

4) Also swiched Mainstat offstat for Warrior because it seemed like Warr takes Dex as mainstat

5) Spellcrit is more valuable for Cleric than for any other class since Shaman's Massive Blow (aka your 24/7 build) takes 1SC as 0.65SP and can really ramp up from overcap Spellcrit.

6) Would suggest adding Max Health/ Endurance to dps frags since they are not dead stats. More health gives far more freedom and potential target uptime which can mean a better performance by being allowed to be more aggressive (Tarjula stacks and Chaser, Beligosh fire streets, skipping council lasers, ignoring malannon pits and that jazz)

Suggestion: A Plugin to help with the AP / CP ratio of slots. For example:
333 AP vs 556 CP on lesser
414 AP vs 460 CP on 1h runes
110 AP vs 278 CP (+ 400/6 AP) on Earrings
(All the viable greater Variants)

Really interested in where the default CP modifier come from. Keep it up Zehne
Zehne
Telaran

Re: FragZ --Fragment Utility Addon

Post by Zehne »

Shas_ wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:50 pm
-> What's the background of some of the calculations. Like CP, Crit or Tank stats?
Napkin math.

A function basically takes in values
1) Assume BoS gear
2) Spec crit% values from top end specs/players (i.e. >90% for rogues cause RFS)
3) % of dmg from ability base dmg
4) % of dmg from eternal weapon
5) % of dmg from ap/sp scaling

Then it basically uses 1.0 as AP/SP weight and calculates how much dmg sc/pc and cp give relative to AP/SP and spits out all other weights.

Shas_ wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:50 pm (or is there an auto adaptation once you hit 8542 ?
It was a want. But laziness > feature

Shas_ wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:50 pm 2)
was considered, but when looking at EHP. HP/end + guard dominates (like >95% of EHP). So due to laziness this wasn't implemented

Shas_ wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:50 pm 3) You had Endurance on 0.01 but 1 End = 10 Max health so i swiched it to 0.1
Not sure about this. Default value should be 1.0 end, 0.095 health (oracle/bard gives extra 5% to end but doesn't effect hp stats)

Shas_ wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:50 pm 4) Also swiched Mainstat offstat for Warrior because it seemed like Warr takes Dex as mainstat
Was a bug. copy paste error gave warrior rogue mainstat. Fixed in 1.09

Shas_ wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:50 pm 5) Spellcrit is more valuable for Cleric than for any other class since Shaman's Massive Blow (aka your 24/7 build) takes 1SC as 0.65SP and can really ramp up from overcap Spellcrit.
Default values based roughly on inquis

Shas_ wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:50 pm 6) Would suggest adding Max Health/ Endurance to dps frags since they are not dead stats.
Too true. But lazy. Assumed players wanting this would just look at both the dps and tank viability of frags.

Shas_ wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:50 pm Suggestion: A Plugin to help with the AP / CP ratio of slots. For example:
333 AP vs 556 CP on lesser
414 AP vs 460 CP on 1h runes
110 AP vs 278 CP (+ 400/6 AP) on Earrings
(All the viable greater Variants)

Was beyond even the features I wanted. Too lazy again.

tbh I was considering making the weights non-accessible to players. Addon was really targeted at players who don't understand fragments.
i.e.: those who don't know that a CP, dex,block,dodge,guard fragment can be stronger than a CP,dex,strn,ap,pc fragment for dps rogues/primas

in the end, because of the neat min/max features that weren't implemented the weights was implemented so that those who want to use it to try and min/max at least had some kind of function that'd allow them to change priorities.
i.e. 333AP to 556CP. Set weights so that AP = 1, CP = 1.7. Now any frag that scores higher than your existing frag and has different CP than your existing one will be more optimal for w/e lesser swap-out option.

Realistically this sort of plug-in would be more or less additional class/role options. But that went beyond the design goal.

tl;dr
Having a min/max number for every class, dps and tank was already borderline 'too busy' of a display for the target audience. The goal was 'higher number means upgrade/equip this one'.