Melee PL/Vulc

Guides and Discussion for the Primalist calling
Hokhmah

Melee PL/Vulc

Post by Hokhmah »

Copy/Paste from luisa original forum guide.

Hey guys, I am honestly not a guide writer so this is probably going to be a pretty chopped guide in the end lol. But I have had this spec for quite a while now and after the buff stacking changes I have seen a lot of people either stop playing Primalist all together or express their overall disappointment in it lol. I gave this spec to someone I met in a raid and they seemed to like it so figured I would just flat out share it. This is not a spec that I created from scratch, I based it off of someone I saw in open world one time, tho can't remember who it was.

FYI this spec is around 40% melee so it works ok for disconnects but is in no way meant to be played at range.

Build: https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#!bn ... /Rp1g|_vTw

For the level 64 mastery I chose heavy handed simply because I have high phys crit and font of wit gives u a 7% phys crit increase. However if you have low phys crit you will prob be better off with elemental affinity.

Level 65 mastery doesn't matter unless you plan to min/max this spec. Spiritualism isn't in the regular rotation and ancestral forces isn't a bad alternative if you don't plan to min/max to the very end lol as a quick self heal in raid when u need it can be a helpful thing, just don't try to use it for dps.

Legs:
Fury blast
Molten Wave
Scything strike
Font of Bloodlust
Rage of the Beast

Buffs:
Font of Wit
Font of Bloodlust (yes these stack because hopefully you took leg font of bloodlust)

Macros:
These are the macros I use, feel free to adjust them to your liking.

SoB:
#show stroke of brilliance
suppressmacrofailures
cast rage of the beast
cast bear's fury
cast stroke of brilliance

US:
#show underworld shards
suppressmacrofailures
cast rage of the beast
cast serpent tooth
cast underworld shards
cast Vorpal Salvo

SS:
#show scything strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast rage of the beast
cast scything strike

FB:
#show fury blast
suppressmacrofailures
use reliquary of rage
cast rage of the beast
cast fury blast

MW:
#show molten wave
suppressmacrofailures
cast rage of the beast
cast molten wave

MS:
#show morbid slash
suppressmacrofailures
cast rage of the beast
cast panther claw
cast morbid slash

TM:
#show thresher's maw
suppressmacrofailures
cast rage of the beast
cast thresher's maw

I know what you're thinking... ;-; so many macros
No worries, the rotation is very fluid

Regular rotation (somewhat less dps but still ok)
make sure when you go through the rotation you hit the macros enough times that you trigger a global cooldown
starting at harmony:
SoB -> US -> SS -> FB -> SoB -> MW -> MS -> TM

that's it, just repeat that through the entire fight. I'm not gonna write down a ranged rotation ill let u all figure that out for those super long disconnects

NOW, For all you people who like to min/max or just want more dps in general. Well, you will like this spec. several ways to min max:

Better dps rotation:
Pre-Pull:
Use the scorpion pierce ability from PL to push yourself to full fury, then (if you have time before pull) precast rage of the beast 30 secs before pull. THEN MAKE SURE to unequip and re-equip your vostigar trinket to reset the internal cooldown before pull.

Rotation:
US -> if scything strike auto procs after u cast US go immediately to FB, otherwise -> (SS -> FB) -> SoB -> MW -> MS -> TM -> SoB Rinse and repeat

if at any point after you cast US scything strike auto procs, skip SS and go straight to FB, this can be easily tracked by kalerts.

If you cast spiritualism while you have rage of the beast active it will consume one stack of Rage of the beast, this is bad. I highly suggest not macroing spiritualism in anything for this pec as it will screw up the timing on rage of the beast. however there is a solid 5-10 seconds inbetween when you have rage of the beast active, this is the perfect time to manually cast spiritualism to get a few extra numbers on the boss. but make sure u don't cast this while you have rage of the beast active.

PLZ don't take this spec and try playing it at range in BoS, it will be trash. the only boss I play this spec on in BoS is first boss cause melee is easy on that one. Otherwise I stick to 26vulc, which btw still does fine dps.

Last thing I will say is if anyone is curious what kind of dps this spec does in a raid with a good chon, look at Cil's most recent chon guide. As of right now, in this guide Cil has a Beruhast parse which she states is the most recent parse. The primalist in this parse is myself and I was using this spec.

GL everyone and let me know if I missed anything, I'm open to improvement.

my kalert set for this spec:
KA::ADpvOeNqtkttuwjAMhl+lT8DqNE1b5aoHIk3aSYxpN0hVW kKJ6AG1YVN3ePelATa2wcTFFDl
ykl+2PztWl/dqKeuCAp3Sdcl70RqXabvfvVn3qpUrQUMCQIIkihyPORixhNpa y/Sy9ZrIhaIJV/x
i9nA545kspepTmTd1NytELVqZp/tbG9z0ZTSfdxQQOJS4PoUAGcM6JI3HN9PxZPDAxHZsXc50f21
OxKRlb1VTKlFbz/xJHDCMFG8LoT5Rrreqx0EVopjE2ENgo8Rxx5HzB4ZUotoxrFtZ 8VJ2Kt2mTIe
UhsGzMfVcoB4Z+dsNRkSHfO0Uz1fdO53e3n0R2SadZmAniFpeC KtZWGoprEzwTh2bzZXQPZ3ztrc
mB/LIyEM3xglxCY5DgpJwHJw9p7ypMq7SfFNWsuZKNrUBDHwNh93/AlxsdNlZ+Z3s58TYIIqMKES
MYYiBgAeQEB+fzTN8u6LXTazAgPg20iDBLxB6pPoTH+4DG4j3g g