Tanks

Guides and Discussion for the Cleric calling
Zehne
Telaran

Tanks

Post by Zehne »

General post about cleric tank specs that I use.

Buff tank.
Strongest tank if no oracle/bard in raid. Provides self/raid oracle buffs.

HP tank.
Strongest tank if oracle/bard in raid. Higher hp and Has Doctrine of Glory.

Heal tank.
cast @self Doctrine of Bliss //Triggers Healers Blessing

Beacon tank
For high priest solo tanking.
Summon beacon of despair. Then summon it again (normally first time it bugs and doesn't get 50% dmg link).
Place mandate on beacon.

//Drop beacon at your feet
#show Summon Beacon of Despair
cast @self Summon Beacon of Despair
cast @pet Righteous Mandate

In most circumstances buff tank is the most optimal for raids since it allows for an extra dps.
In some fights you can play tank, oracle and healer in buff tank. Making it the strongest spec for raid optimization.
(Ereandorn, Beruhast, Titan, Silgen (no derps in raid, tank runs tether)
Shas_
Ascended

Re: Tanks

Post by Shas_ »

Nice post!

Minor QoL:

- The Defiler Beacon can tank itrop 4:4. It ignores the stack mechanic, ignores the hiding damage and gets hp bonus based on your endurance.
Best to keep some absorption or spot heal available.

- The smallest planar attunement shield spikes (some 30 base damage) get the 30k bonus from your Eternal weapon. Not a lot but it adds up.

- In my experience, the aoe healing crystal ads quite a lot to your Geyser and Doctrine of Loyalty, just what you want to keep tdem solo heals reliable.

- A lot of times, L Water Jet is neglect-able and may be better used on L Banish or even L Fairy (esp helpful as EoA no heal Justi) or other utility.
If Geyser isn't needed, i'd argue for Fairy or Healing Breath over water jet unless Isiel Mt-ing.

- Cleri hots are pretty undervalued for Isiel tanking where Warrior overcharges Healing Spray, Faith's Reward from Overflowing Renewal (guaranteed with reduced max hp), Soothing Stream, L Banish and L Fairy into basically additional Chanter hots, rapidly ticking for 100k's. While Main tanking with L Water jet, spare the gcd for Healing Spray @self.

Keep em up Zehne. Doki post next? :D
Zehne
Telaran

Re: Tanks

Post by Zehne »

Shas_ wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:20 pm - In my experience, the aoe healing crystal ads quite a lot to your Geyser and Doctrine of Loyalty, just what you want to keep tdem solo heals reliable.
Notes:
Geyser is considered single target. So if you want bigger spam raid heals in heal tank you use single target crystal

Healing bonuses stack based on convictions used (DoB, DoL) So 4 convictions = 4 eternal weapon bonuses and 4 healing crystal bonuses.
Your eternal is worth 120k healing per DoB/DoL. ST vs AOE crystal is worth 6k + 12k healing for DoB vs DoL.
In dps gear with aoe crystal DoL at 4 convictions heals for ~155k.
With < 50% mana and no healing crystal DoL heals for 36k.
~77% of Doctrine healing comes from eternal/crystal.

Marked by the light and healers blessing are also mostly from eternal/healing crystal bonuses.
so, Never let mana drop below 50%
In heal tank you have an ogcd mana regen. The -50% healing applies before eternal/crystal bonuses, so it's more like a -10% healing debuff for infinate mana. Just turn it on when getting close to 50% mana and it'll pop you back up.

On another note, hammers which consume 7 convictions are even more dependent on Eternal weapon. Which is why I I get very angry when I see cleric tanks spamming abilities while less than 50% mana.

In heal tank usually using ST crystal (biggest bonus to DoB, Geyser (considered ST), Marked by the Light and Healers Blessing).
In Buff tank, usually using AoE crystal since DoL is the only way to heal raid.
Shas_ wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:20 pm
Cleri hots are pretty undervalued for Isiel tanking where Warrior overcharges Healing Spray, Faith's Reward from Overflowing Renewal (guaranteed with reduced max hp)
Yes