Guides and Discussion for the Rogue calling
Shas_
Ascended

Op solo Marksman (66-70&solo)

Post by Shas_ »

Copied+trimmed from forums.

[After the question for performative levelspecs is a thing again lately]

Bis rogue spec for 66+ leveling and pre-raid-activities
Solo major rifts, Zone events or speedrun just speedrun 66+zones/ dailies.
This solo speedruns VP event footholds without breaking a sweat.

Buffs: Silver Tip Munition | Munition for Static Shock | Free Recoil | Ranged Combat Mastery | Curative Engine

pros:
+ 800k aoe farming on lvl 66
+ High mobility
+ Ranged
+ Doesn't need a lot of Legendaries
+ Lots of cc and selfheal options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6LCH6upfkI

Level progression & Legendary distribution:

66 - Hellfire Blades
Hellfire Blades become a damage cooldown.
-> You will use your Necrotic torrent with Hellfire Blades and point it in anyone's face.

67 - Calculated Shot
Used on any enemy the buff stays on yourself for 15 seconds.
-> You use one Calculated Shot which makes your Torrent tick double for 15 seconds. And thus double the Hellfire Blade ticks.
- The buff from Calculated Shot together with Chain Destruction is a potent and easy allrounder damage option- even single target
CS - RFS - Chain Destruction

68 - Rapid Fire Shot
-> Calculated Shot + Rapid Fire Shot now is your opener on single mobs
- Continue with the Calculated shot macro -> 5 combo points -> Deadeye macro x3
- Or you go over to Torrent + HFB on 2+ mobs

69 - Free Recoil - Start of a basic rotation
-> Your Empowered shot is now off gcd making you able to open with:
- Deadeye macro x3 (Empowered Shot - Deadeye Shot - Empowered Shot = one second
- CS macro x1 (Calculated Shot +Hellfire Blades) = one second
- Rapid Fire Shot = three seconds
- Deadeye macro x3 (Empowered Shot - Deadeye shot - Empowered Shot) = one second
.. and elites should be dead
- continue with the Calculated shot macro -> 5 combo points -> Deadeye macro x3
- or you go over to Torrent + HFB on 2+ mobs

1) Deadeye Macro

#Show Deadeye Shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Empowered Shot
cast Deadeye Shot

2) Calculated Macro

#show Calculated shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Calculated Shot
cast Empowered Shot
//cast Empyrean Bolt
cast Lightning Fury
cast Swift Shot

70 - Curative Engine (low gear)/ Empyrean Bolt (when more confident)
-> From your leveling experience you now either choose Curative Engine for 100% more healing from your passive Core OR Empyrean Bolt which reduces the Cooldown from any ability and becomes part of your cs macro

Use Necrotic torrent with Hellfire Blades (and Calculated Shot) to oneshot groups of mobs. There are 10 elite mobs on Vostigar dailies? - may takes you seconds
Oneshot single mobs with legendary Rapid Fire Shot
Get a dps meter and have fun in Celestial Adventures.

Planar Variation from your 65 Mastery can be used as heavy aoe damage or full selfheal. It gets affected by the double tickrate buff.

3) Keep mobs away from you while kiting

#Show Static Shock
suppressmacrofailures
cast Static Shock
cast Repelling Shot
cast Twilight Force

Useful stuff:
Retreat | Jumps backwards far enough from melee combat to mount on
Static Shot | Immobilises target for 5s, use it to evade rare mobs or to deal with them
On the Double | 5sec Run Speed which applies a shield
Deaden | Interrupts blue casts and stuns on success
Crossfire | Keeps groups of mobs on distance (don't use it in group content)
Twilight Force | extra cc to evade / 10% dmg on non-bosses
Swift Shot | one use increases your run speed further

You will encounter several quests which confront you with hordes of enemies, those are now your fastest quests.

-> Further gains: Find a lvl 70 player to group with you and activate Sidekick, your groupmate can go offline then as long as the group remains. This will provide you with a temporary level boost to the zone's maximum (including virtual stats) This can easily triple your performance from all the free stats!
viewtopic.php?t=72

from: https://www.cadrift.net/gameplay/other- ... dekicking/

Also get some one hand Weapon Stones with 1000 Attackpower (auction house) use slap Vampiric Essence (Planar Attunement: Death)

But i am free to play, what do i do now?

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#vhE ... y/wgs|X_Pw

Instead of Necrotic Torrent, you can use Crossfire for the HFB aoe part
Also, the doubble time Cadence channel generates a lot of Combo points - resulting in more Deadeye- and Empowered Shots.

Singletarget 'spammer':

#Show Calculated Shot
suppressmacrofailures<
cast Calculated Shot
cast Empowered Shot
cast Cadence

(Or Chain Destruction to just finish mobs off)

Aoe option:

#show Crossfire
suppressmacrofailures
cast Calculated Shot
cast [shift] Crossfire
cast Hellfire Blades
cast Chain Destruction
cast Crossfire
cast Lightning Fury
cast Fan Out

Buff Motif of Bravery (Bard) before attacking something (provides A LOT of bonus stats)

When you hit level 70, here is your next halt:
https://www.cadrift.net/gameplay/charac ... l-70-gear/
Last edited by Shas_ on Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:47 am, edited 8 times in total.
Abisbowa

Re: Op solo Marksman

Post by Abisbowa »

Could you repost the build link? It just goes to the calling select instead of the build. Thank you!
Will007

Re: Op solo Marksman (66-70&solo)

Post by Will007 »

Just hit 70 and loving the Marksman build. Quick question about the ability Sentry Battery. Do you recommend it at all in any situations and if so would it be good in a macro or used by itself?

Was thinking of trying out the Bloodhound spec next, but really enjoying this one atm. Both are close DPS wise I take it?

Ty again
Will
Shas_
Ascended

Post by Shas_ »

Will007 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:45 pm Just hit 70 and loving the Marksman build. Quick question about the ability Sentry Battery. Do you recommend it at all in any situations and if so would it be good in a macro or used by itself?

Was thinking of trying out the Bloodhound spec next, but really enjoying this one atm. Both are close DPS wise I take it?

Ty again
Will
Nice you made it!

Sentry Battery is okay. It has a unique feature as a single target channel: Tt will swich to newly selected targets while channeling. If your current target dies, it will however cancel the channel. Overall it's your 3rd best single target ability after RFS and Planar Variation are on cooldown.

For damage. The best 61mm damage comes with Hellfire Blades and Ranger's Call: Razorbeast. (since 51mm is flat better at that, a pure dmg 61mm is only a pvp thing)

Bloodhound is the same principle of RFS + flamethrower, however it trades the Healing core and evenly spread out damage output for more raw single target potential in intervalls.
Even a raw st dmg focused 61mm will get absolutely smoked by a 51mm in raw single target dps. But loading up a 12-20 million oneshot is too clumsy for open world and normal/greater rifts. 61mm with Torrents is just the best mix of
- no windup frontloaded st+ aoe dps
- no downtimes
- surviveability

Here is a pov of this build, used in a ''mini team old raid speedrun competition''.
https://youtu.be/tJ6qZqwvBZs?t=1713
Timestamp is a boss where our team had to split and i did a side with alot of small targets alone, making the solo 61mm an ideal pick.
Disclaimer: I never cared about learning a ''proper lvl 70 61mm rotation'' so there may be alot of randomness and fatfingering in the last stage of the fight. Take the other bosses (Description) as a benchmark on how the 51 versions play and what numbies they pull.
Generally: Sentry Battery is a rather unexciting channel which is just better than default shots. But it ofc slows you down while using.
Strafe is a waste and only acceptable when HFB is up (due to it's faster tickrate than default shots). Or getting 2combo points in one second (one gcd by clipping it)
61mm already has a big portion of it's damage done by the RFS intervalls. 51mm simply doubles down on the intervall burst and trades less surviveability and flexibility for more raw St output on sturdy targets.

Once you have an Eternal weapon, you can even replace Tactican with 6 Bard (Candence+Invigorated soul); use Chain Destruction as default aoe. Able to st/aoe dps + heal carry as RGB.
All 51 (Destroyers):
viewtopic.php?t=55

enjoy
Will007

Post by Will007 »

Awesome, thank you for the reply and the detailed info. Pretty much my friends and I are just doing some dungeons, may eventually do an LFR, nothing too serious. I've already got My eternal weapon, just starting to do the upgrades on it. Thank you for the clarification on SB.

Based on what you're telling me and what I'm actually doing in game I'll probably just stick with the Marksman spec more than likely.

Thanks
Will